Thursday 23 June 2011
23/06 : 15 Things I wish to accomplish this year.Each year I select a few things that I wish to focus my attention towards, usually of a self improvement nature. This year is no different, but a lot has happened during my reign as a 42 year old. Now that I've grown a year further towards old age, I'm in pursuit of ideally being me.
Last year I wanted to finish the book I have outlined and hanging on my wall. I have not. I wanted to lose weight for my health, I have but not nearly enough. I have thought for a long time that there must be something that I'm doing wrong. I've already explored the fact that not only do I feel a fear of failure, but I also feel a fear of success. For some reason, my brain believes that I'm happiest at being mediocre. I am not.
Here is a list of 15 things I wish to work on this year. I will be checking them off as I've accomplished them or if I feel satisfied with the outcome.
- I want to lose a minimum of 50 lbs by my birthday next year.
- I WILL get my book started more than an outline.
- I need to believe that I am worthy of success.
- Failure means that I've just found a way not to do it, I must remember to try again.
- Love is all you need, so I am going to keep on loving my people to the best of my ability.
- I will be kinder to people that are close to me.
- My goal is to run a 5K. Yes, I typed that correctly. I will do it before my next birthday.
- I will find and hold employment.
- I will fix my scooter so I have transportation. (I may need help with this one.)
- I do not have to pretend that I like people that I don't like.
- I will make my marriage a priority.
- My kids are my second priority.
- I must not forget to take care of myself.
- I will offer forgiveness to those who ask for it.
- I will ask forgiveness to those I have wronged.